Ofsted (March) 2014
Please use the links at the bottom of the page to view our latest Ofsted report and our parent view responses.
We are proud of our recent inspection where the school was judged as "Good" in all areas. Some quotes from the report are:
- Georgian Gardens is a happy welcoming community, in a calm and orderly environment. Staff and pupils are respectful and courteous towards each other. The headteacher has a clear vision for the school. Involving all and being an integral part of the local community are central to this vision. The effective governing body and staff share the vision and this contributes to the success of pupils in this improving school. They regularly visit the school and ask searching questions on specific topics to keep themselves well informed.
- The headteacher ensures senior leaders have every opportunity to develop their leadership skills. They work together, plan carefully and regularly reviewprogress against set goals.
- Pupils behave well and feel safe in this caring school and, together with staff, are justifiably proud of their school. Pupils experience a wide range of learning opportunities, many of which encourage them to get on well together.
- Teaching is typically good, and in some cases is outstanding. Displays in the classroom are vibrant and often support pupils' learning well.
- Leaders check the quality of teaching and ensure that pupils who find learning difficult
- have effective support.
- Pupils make good progress and achieve above average standards. Pupils who are disabled or who have Special Educational Needs are fully involved and encouraged to participate in all activities.
- Relationships are outstanding between adults and pupils. The Headteacher and senior staff are excellent role models for both staff and pupils.
- Pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted very well.
- An outstanding feature (of the school) is the use of art to support pupils' learning. Clubs and activities are very popular, with high rates of participation.
- Parents' views are extremely positive; all responses on Parent View agreed that they would recommend the school to others (there were over 120 responses).